Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crayon Party!

So for my son's second birthday party I thought of doing a coloring theme. The kid sure does love to color. I saw in Parent's magazine an advertisement for the crayola website where you can get a coloring page made out of one of your photographs. I chose a cute picture of the birthday boy and printed them out at 1/2 page size. On the other side of the paper I printed out the invitation text. Invitees were instructed to color the picture and bring it back for a coloring contest. For the invitation wrapper I made a tri-fold crayon and printed it on brightly colored card stock.



At the party we had our son's favorite meal: macaroni and cheese with pureed squash and served chocolate cake with homemade blueberry frosting (for a nice purple color without mystery colorants). To make it into a crayon I made two small sheet cakes and set them end to end. Two diagonal cuts at the top made the crayon tip (and a nice pre-party snack). Once the cake was frosted I used black sugar to make a crayon design to complete the look.



For favors I used brightly colored favor boxes filled with dime store coloring books, a few washable crayons, stickers, and a package of toddler gummy snacks.

So hardly anyone colored, and the birthday boy was frightened of the bubble machine I got him, but all in all I'd say the party was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment