Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nuts & Berries Buttercream Frosting

So once again I was looking for a way to fancy up a box of cake mix... chocolate this time. Since I have a bottle of chambord, I thought raspberry frosting and oh what about the half dozen bottles of various extracts sitting in the spice cupboard? Nuts and berries frosting it is! (OK, I confess. I didn't have hazelnut extra, but almond works too right?)

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp Frangelico or 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract
1 tsp Chambord or 1/2 tsp raspberry extract

Directions:
Cream butter until smooth and light. While mixing at medium speed, slowly add powdered sugar. When combined, add liquor. Whip at high speed unitl thick and creamy. To adjust consistency, add a tablespoon of milk or powdered sugar while whipping until desired consistency is achieved.

1 comment: